Monday, April 23, 2012

Why I Love The NFL Draft & You Should Too







Have you noticed that I enjoy to write about the NFL Draft? If this is your first visit to my blog, welcome, stay around a while, maybe post a comment or two and it is nice to have you here. For everyone else, I am sure you have noticed by now that I love the NFL Draft. Maybe it is because I spend most of my fall Saturdays watching college football. Maybe it is because I want to see my team (Buffalo) try to build to the future. Maybe it is because I like to see the Jets fans constantly boo their draft pick. Maybe I like to see Todd McShay and Mel Kiper bicker back and forth like teenage girls. Or, maybe it is because I am a tad bit insane and love to put myself through three straight days of football talk. Whichever reason suits you, I can guarantee you one thing, it is going to be the last time you get this much football talk until college football starts in August.


The NFL Draft can be an exciting event to watch. Normally, what I like to do is turn the draft on, wait for the noise they make when a pick is in and then watch the pick. Then I proceed to listen to the analysts tell me stuff I already know about the prospects and then tell them why they are right or wrong. This generally lasts for a minute and then I go back to whatever I was doing (often homework) until the next pick is in. Furthermore, as an avid fan of college football I know a lot about these prospects. It is fun to watch players go from first year players in college, to the NFL. 


For those of you who are not insane enough to argue with the television or do not know that much about prospects there is still room for excitement with the NFL Draft. Even if you only watch the draft for the pick your team makes, it can still be fun to watch. Sometimes I learn a thing or two about prospects my team drafts. You can also learn how a player drafted will improve your team or perhaps your team's rivals. 


ESPN and the NFL Network will also stop showing players receiving phone calls before they are drafted so the pick will be a complete surprise.


Finally, if you know enough about the prospects in the draft you could make your own first round mock draft and figure out how many you got right and wrong. 


I hope you take a few minutes to catch the NFL Draft this year. Remember, it starts this Thursday, April 26th at 8pm. My next mock draft will come sometime tomorrow so be on the look out for that as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment